Learning Outcome: Improve your children understanding, communication, reading and writing skills for both academic and practical purposes.
Most of us may agree that Chinese characters is one of the hardest language to read and write. But if children are able to feel confident in their Chinese reading skills at the start of their Mandarin-learning journey, they are likely to sustain their initial enthusiasm and maintain their interest in Mandarin for the long term. That is why we are using flashcards to recognize and remember words. This process helps boost visualization and association, thus making learning fun and easy.
The most important aspect of teaching Chinese to children is to maintain their interest and keep them involved in interesting activities. In BBC class, we apply activities such as:
1. Mandarin Chinese character flashcard and colourful animation book
2. Switch up the practice routine by changing writing medium by using crayons and Chinese calligraphy
3. Apply rewards-based system to incentivize children when they do their homework.
4. Sing and dance Mandarin Chinese songs together
5. Encourage children to speak Mandarin Chinese in class
Our class and study materials are created specifically for young children. Children’s language learning depends on variation, enjoyment, repetition and engagement. By making the learning seem more like play, we are able to sustain your children’s interest.